Follow Iowa's Best Burger Contest with us on Facebook
61 Chop House is your 2013 Best Burger Contest Winner!
Here is the news release announcing the winner: 61 Chop House Grille crowned Iowa’s Best Burger
Photos: Owners Terry Reis and Lori Denny; 61 Chop House Black Crown Burger
|61 Chop House – Mediapolis WINNER
||JB's Bar & Grill – Marcus
|Ankeny Diner – Ankeny
||Rosco's – Norwalk
|B & B Grocery, Meat & Deli – Des Moines
||Sam's Sodas and Sandwiches – Carroll
|Elm's Club – Creston
||The Ritz – Arnold Park
|First Street Grille – Keosauqua
||Zombie Burger – Des Moines
**Please note that if you plan to visit these locations, we recommend calling ahead of time to verify their hours of operation.
Top 10 Announcement - News Release
- 2013 Official Rules -
Selection of Finalists
Ten (10) burgers will be selected as finalists from throughout the state based on the number of nominations each restaurant receives.
- All burgers nominated from a single restaurant will be included in that restaurant’s final nomination total.
- Restaurants who receive nominations for multiple locations will be counted per individual location not as a total.
Selection of the 2013 Iowa’s Best Burger will be conducted by an anonymous judging panel. Decision of the judges is final. The following guidelines will be used in judging:
- Taste – 50%
- Appearance and Presentation – 30%
- Proper cooking temperature / degree of doneness – 20%
- Medium doneness, 160° F, or no pink color in the burger
Visit the past year's contest results