Follow Iowa's Best Burger Contest with us on Facebook
2014 Iowa's Best Burger Contest
The Iowa Beef Industry Council and the Iowa Cattlemen's Association are proud to announce the 5th annual Iowa's Best Burger Contest.
2014 Best Burger Contest Kickoff News Release
Anyone may nominate a hamburger from an Iowa restaurant. To be eligible for the contest the hamburger must meet the following guidelines:
- To qualify as a hamburger, the burger must be 100% beef although other ingredients may be added to the patty (such as spices, vegetables, etc.)
- All burgers must be composed of a formed ground beef patty/patties served on a bun or other bread product (such as biscuits, focaccia or tortillas). Burgers may include any combination of condiments (such as ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard), sauces (such as barbeque or hot sauce), cheeses and toppings (such as bacon, onions, tomatoes and lettuce). Every component of the burger must be placed between the bun or bread pieces, or served open-faced on a bread product.
- Entries will be accepted online, by text, mail or fax between February 12, 2014 and March 17, 2014. All nominations must be received in our office before 5 pm on Monday, March 17, 2014.
- To enter online: click on the "Nominate Online" link to the left on this page.
- To enter by U.S. postal mail: Complete the “Iowa’s Best Burger Contest” nomination form available at www.iabeef.org. Mail completed form to: Iowa Beef Industry Council, Iowa’s Best Burger Contest, PO Box 451, Ames, IA 50010 or fax entry to (515)296-4873. All paper nomination forms must be received in our office on or before 5 pm on Monday, March 17, 2014 to be considered. Nomination forms received after that time will not be counted.
- To enter by text: Text BEEF to the number 313131 to cast your nomination. An immediate reply text will be sent requesting your name, restaurant name and city/town.
- Burgers must be available on the nominated restaurant’s regular menu.
- Restaurant must be open for business by the end of the nomination period – March 17, 2014.
- A restaurant may only win Iowa’s Best Burger Contest one time.
- The Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation of these Official Rules. All decisions of the Sponsors are final and discretionary.
To follow Iowa’s Best Burger Contest, LIKE the Iowa Beef Council on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. You are encouraged to post a photo of your favorite burger on the Iowa Beef Council Facebook page.
Selection of Finalists
Ten (10) burgers will be selected as finalists from throughout the state based on the number of nominations each restaurant receives.
- All burgers nominated from a single restaurant will be included in that restaurant's final nomination total.
- Restaurants who receive nominations for multiple locations will be counted per individual location, not as a total.
Selection of the 2014 Iowa' Best Burger will be conducted by an anonymous judging panel. Decision of the judges is final.
The following guidelines will be used in judging:
- Taste – 50%
- Appearance and Presentation – 30%
- Proper cooking temperature / degree of doneness – 20%
- Medium doneness, internal temperature reaches 160° F
Visit the past year's contest results