Savory, flavorful with a little bit of kick - this chili recipe is sure to please your crowd.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 2 tablespoons corn meal
- In a large, stove top pan: Brown ground beef with peppers and onions. Add chili powder and garlic salt; stir to blend. Stir in tomato juice, beans, corn and tomatoes. Bring to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle corn meal over top of the chili; stir and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with your favorite chili toppings.
- Brown ground beef with pepper and onions.
- Add ground beef and all remaining ingredients to crockpot.
- Cook on low until warm.