This recipe is perfect for serving a crowd. Prepare the beef mixture ahead of time and keep warm in a slow cooker. Place all of the other ingredients in separate serving bowls for the ultimate taco buffet.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large can (28 ounces) tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 large can (30 ounces) chili beans
- 2 bags (13.5 ounces) tortilla or corn chips, slightly crushed (or small bags of Dorrito chips)
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large topped tomatoes
- 2 bags (8 to 10 ounces) shredded lettuce
- 2 cans (2.25 ounces) ripe olives, sliced and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) of your favorite salsa
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large saucepan. Stir to break into crumbles; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients to the beef mixture. Stir. Heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Place in slow cooker on low heat to keep warm.
- Prepare other ingredients and place in separate serving bowls.
- Place items on a table like a "taco buffet". Serve and enjoy!