133 SE Delaware
Ankeny, IA 50021
575 Cameron Way
North Liberty, IA 52317
3701 EP True Parkway
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Doc's Stadium Bar & Grill
113 N Chestnut Street
Jefferson, IA 50129
Down Right Delicious
120 S 15th St
Clarinda, IA 51632
108 N Elm
Creston, IA 50801
5100 Fountain Dr NE Ste 100
Cedar Rapids, IA 52411
Smokin' Hereford BBQ
1605 W Milwaukee Ave
Storm Lake, IA 50588
The Irish Shanti
17455 Gunder Rd
Elgin, IA 52141
Vaughn's Cafe & Bakery
112 E Washington Street
Clarina, IA 51632
The Iowa Beef Industry Council (IBIC) and the Iowa Cattlemen’s Association (ICA) are proud to announce the 8th annual Iowa’s Best Burger Contest. Nominations will be taken from Monday, February 13 to Monday, March 13, 2017.
Anyone may nominate a hamburger from an Iowa restaurant. To be eligible for the contest the hamburger must meet the following guidelines:
- To qualify as a hamburger, the burger must be 100% beef although other ingredients may be added to the patty (such as spices, vegetables, etc.)
- All burgers must be composed of a formed ground beef patty/patties served on a bun or other bread product (such as biscuits, focaccia or tortillas). Burgers may include any combination of condiments (such as ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard), sauces (such as barbeque or hot sauce), cheeses and toppings (such as bacon, onions, tomatoes and lettuce). Every component of the burger must be placed between the bun or bread pieces, or served open-faced on a bread product.
- Entries will be accepted online, by text, or mail between February 13, 2017 and March 13, 2017. All nominations must be received in our office before 5 p.m. on Monday, March 13, 2017.
- To enter online: Log onto www.iabeef.org. Click on the Iowa’s Best Burger icon. Follow the on-screen directions to submit your nomination.
- To enter by U.S. postal mail: Complete the “Iowa’s Best Burger Contest” nomination form available at www.iabeef.org. Mail completed form to: Iowa Beef Industry Council, Iowa’s Best Burger Contest, PO Box 451, Ames, IA 50010. All paper nomination forms must be received in our office on or before 5 p.m. on Monday, March 13, 2017 to be considered. Nomination forms received after that time will not be counted.
- To enter by text: Text BEEF to the number 313131 to cast your nomination. An immediate reply text will be sent directing you to an online nomination form.
To follow Iowa’s Best Burger Contest, LIKE the Iowa Beef Council on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. You are encouraged to post a photo of your favorite burger on social media using #IABestBurger.
Selection of Finalists
Ten (10) burgers will be selected as finalists from throughout the state based on the number of nominations each restaurant receives.
- All burgers nominated from a single restaurant will be included in that restaurant’s final nomination total.
- Restaurants who receive nominations for multiple locations will be counted per individual location not as a total.
Selection of the 2016 Iowa’s Best Burger will be conducted by an anonymous judging panel. Decision of the judges is final.
The following guidelines will be used in judging:
- Taste – 50%
- Appearance and Presentation – 30%
- Proper cooking temperature / degree of doneness – 10%
- Medium doneness, internal temperature reaches 160° F.
- Overall – 10%
2016's Winner was the Chuckwagon Restaurant in Adair!