Team Beef, Iowa
Members of Team Beef, Iowa enjoy warm beef stew after the Living History Farms Race on November 22, 2014.
Team Beef, Iowa
Physical activity is more effective when coupled with a protein-rich diet. Beef is a nutrient powerhouse that helps active Americans “protein up” providing fuel for the finish line. Research has shown that individuals who eat protein within an hour of exercise achieve more lean body mass than those who simply eat protein in the morning and evening.
No matter how active you are, lean beef helps to power your performance. The protein and nine other nutrients in beef work together to build your muscles and keep your body healthy for your next adventure.
Beef's Big 10
All lean beef cuts have less than 10 grams of total fat, 4.5 grams or less of saturated fat and less than 95 milligrams of cholesterol per 3 ounce serving. Additionally, beef gives your body more of the nutrients you need, like beef’s big 10:
- Protein : helps preserve and build muscle
- Iron: helps your body utilize oxygen
- Vitamins B6 and B12: help maintain brain function and give you energy
- Zinc: helps maintain a healthy immune system
- Phosphorus: helps build teeth and bones
- Niacin: supports energy production and metabolism
- Riboflavin: helps convert food into fuel
- Selenium: helps protect cells from damage
- Choline: supports nervous system development
Team Beef members understand and believe in the nutritional benefits of lean beef and the vital role they play in physical training, being healthy and staying active. Team Beef members and supporters have the opportunity to share information with those who seek advice on health and nutrition, as well as how cattle are being raised by Iowa farmers.
- Being part of a team that loves beef, health and fitness!
- A Team Beef, Iowa running jersey to wear during races!
- Educational information via email including recipes, fitness tips, etc., from the Iowa Beef Industry Council!
- A member of the Team Beef, Iowa Facebook group to communicate and interact with other Team Beef members!
- Reimbursement opportunities!
- Must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- Understand and believe in the nutritional benefits of lean beef and the vital role it plays in training and living a healthy lifestyle.
- Actively spread the word about lean beef and help educate people who seek advice on health and nutrition.
- Learn about the Power of Protein and beef’s nutrients in a short beef nutrition webinar (online).
- Share knowledge on how cattle are raised and the environmental practices that producers implement every day.
- Participate in at least 1 race per year as a member and spokesperson of Team Beef, Iowa.
- Obtain the MBA (Masters of Beef Advocacy) within one year of joining Team Beef, Iowa.
Become a Member
The following two articles have helpful information and key messages needed to be part of Team Beef:
Iowa Race Calendar
Let us know of races you are running, or of races in your area and we will add them to the calendar!
The Iowa Beef Industry Council is your source for everything beef! Please contact Brooke with any questions or concerns in regards to Team Beef, Iowa.