Beef Grants for FCS Foods Classes
The Iowa Beef Industry Council (IBIC) will provide $35.00 for the purchase of beef for each high school or middle school foods class for each semester for the 2017-18 school year. The total per school is not to exceed $175.00 per year. We have expanded the grant program to middle school classes, so the funds will be allocated on a first come/first serve basis. The funds are available for Iowa teachers and classrooms only.
These funds provide financial support for the purchase of beef for use in classroom lessons about lean beef selection, storage, preparation and nutrition. The funds are to be used in a classroom activity. Funds are NOT to be used to purchase beef for dinners, prom, etc.
To receive funds
Download forms here
- Fill out Form 1 – Application for Beef Grant which includes description of the Foods classes and how the funds will be used in classroom lessons/activities, PRIOR to purchasing the beef.
- Return to IBIC (address below). IBIC will contact you with approval via email.
- Purchase beef and be sure to keep a copy of receipts for beef.
- Submit the following documents:
- Form 2 – Reimbursement Request/Evaluation
- Photocopy of receipts
No funds will be reimbursed after June 30, 2018.
Please submit applications to:
Iowa Beef Industry Council
P.O. Box 451
Ames, IA 50010
E-mail us if you have questions