If you are 1) a college student, 2) passionate about agricultural communications, and 3) a big fan of beef, then apply to be a part of the Iowa Beef Team!
This position will focus on the development and implementation of beef education, communication, promotion and industry activities. The internship will include the promotion of beef and beef products.
Tentative Start Date: May 13, 2020
Work with Iowa Beef Industry Council (IBIC) to assist with the tasks and activities the organization perform. The intern will be charged with gaining knowledge of the Beef Checkoff Program and how their initiatives impact the beef industry in Iowa. The intern will be expected to provide ideas and input to the projects they are assigned.
1. Assist with the planning, development and execution of Iowa State Fair activities with IBIC.
2. Assist with educational and promotion events under guidance of IBIC staff.
3. Assist with consumer-focused initiatives through social media and a monthly eNewsletter.
4. Attend appropriate industry meetings as necessary including board meetings.
5. Prepare and present a summary of the internship experience to IBIC Board of Directors.
• Preference will be given to students who have completed their junior year of course work.
• Be available 12 weeks during the summer up to 40 hours per week.
• Be available to work through the Iowa State Fair – August 13-23, 2020
• Have a background or working knowledge of the beef industry.
• Preferred major in Agriculture Education/Studies and/or Communication.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Highly proficient in social media activities.
• College transcript(s) – unofficial will be accepted.
• Two letters of recommendation.
• A one-page essay on why you want to work for the beef industry.
Applications will be accepted via email, postal mail or hand-delivered to our office.
Iowa Beef Industry Council
Attn: Kylie Peterson
2055 Ironwood Court
PO Box 451
Ames, IA 50010